Connect with us

ENTERTAINMENT

Cholera hits showbiz -Cassper Nyovest, Mr Eazi scrap Zim show

Published

on

Cassper Nyovest Prince Kaybee

THE much-hyped Cassper Nyovest and DJ Prince Kaybee show scheduled for Harare this weekend and the Ammara Brown Ignite concert with Nigeria’s Mr Eazi have been cancelled due to the cholera outbreak in the country.

Cassper Nyovest and Prince Kaybee were supposed to square off with Zimbabwe’s ExQ, Takura, Jah Signal, Freeman, Shasha, The Movement, Dhadza D and Sylent Nqo during the RSVP concert at the Glamis Stadium.

Ammara was supposed to perform with Nigeria’s Leg Over hit-maker Mr Eazi at the Harare International Conference Centre next Friday.

However, due to the fact that cholera has claimed 35 lives so far and infected over 6 000 people prompting the Government to declare a state of emergency, Events Evolution, the organisers of RSVP concert and the Ammara Ignite organisers have cancelled the shows.

“We’ve decided to postpone our concert from September 22 to November 10,” organisers of the Cassper event said during a press briefing in Harare on Tuesday.

Kush Zvirawa, one of the organisers of the RSVP concert, said they were concerned about people’s health during the show hence their decision to postpone the event.

“We’d several meetings with the city council and ZTA among other players to share our concerns on public health and safety. During our event, we anticipate to have vendors selling food and drinks and want to be consciously sure that everyone is in a safe environment,” Zirawa said.

Ammartia show organisers, however, have not yet arranged a new date.

“The Ammartia event is being postponed due to the current health situation and we’ll be announcing the new dates in due course,” said Darryn Lee, the show’s publicist.

Zimbabwe Tourism Authority (ZTA) chief operating officer, Givemore Chidzidzi, reiterated that they were hopeful that cholera would be under control in the next few coming weeks.

He said despite the cholera outbreak, Zimbabwe was still a safe tourist destination.

“Zimbabwe remains a safe tourist destination to visit and visitors are safe for as long as they heed instructions from health experts,” Chidzidzi said.

Last week, the Zimbabwe Republic Police banned public gatherings and vending in Harare as part of measures to contain cholera and typhoid outbreak.

The Chronicle

Continue Reading
Advertisement
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

ENTERTAINMENT

Tawanda Mambo (Saintfloew)goes to SA for rehab

Published

on

saintfloew-rehab

Zimbabwean rapper Saintfloew is looking to kick his drug addiction once and for all and has reportedly flown out to South Africa where he is going to receive rehabilitation services.

In an interview with Star FM’s Ollah 7 last week, Saintfloew admitted that he was taking drugs, although he was in the process of trying to quit. He refused to admit whether he had been taking the dreaded crystal meth, known popularly as Guka or Dombo.

I cannot confirm the allegations and I cannot say anything about them, so I am not confirming anything and I am not talking about anything. But what I am saying is we came out from the wrong way, a lot happens here in Chitown (Chitungwiza) and I took multiple drugs.

I am still working on quitting taking some of the things. I am not confirming anything but all I can say is there are some drugs that I am trying to stop,” he said.

Saintfloew also revealed that his drug addiction had little to do with the music industry.

It is not like the pressures of music cause artists to take drugs, but before we became artists, we had nothing to do and we had all the time to take drugs. Now if it is regret or moving on, that is what I am working on,” he said

In an interview with H-Metro before the rapper’s departure to South Africa, Saintfloew’s mother, Ebenezer Mambo said that her son’s struggles with drugs were linked to a tough upbringing. She said the musician lost his father at the age of two.

We lost his father when they were still very young and there was no man in the house to whip my son into line. I tried my best to give him a life, but there are some times when a father is needed in the upbringing of children.

I have never doubted my son’s intelligence, but I was worried when he continued pursuing music. He ended up taking drugs and it pains me a lot,” she said.

Mambo praised Nash Paints Group executive chairman, Tinashe Mutarisi, who convinced Saintfloew to go for rehab in SA, for helping her son get back on track.

“I am humbled that good people still exist as is the case with Mr Tinashe Mutarisi. I think he was sent by God to save my son from abusing drugs.

“Like the biblical Moses, Mutarisi has just done the best for my family and I hope my son will come back from South Africa a changed man,” she said.

Continue Reading

ENTERTAINMENT

Khanyi Mbau, Kudzai Mushonga are back together again

Published

on

Kudzai Mushonga Khanyi Mbau

There are indications that the on-and-off romantic relationship between Khanyi Mbau and Kudzai Mushonga has heated up once more. The couple recently shared pictures of themselves getting cosy on their Instagram pages. One of the photos shows them snuggled up in each other’s arms on a yacht in Dubai, where Mushonga resides. In the caption, they wrote, “We might bend, but won’t break.”

Although Mbau has been in South Africa for work, she is a resident of Dubai and shares a home with Kudzai Mushonga, a Zimbabwean businessman. In another post, the couple is seen toasting with red roses in hand. Mushonga wrote, “Forever us my baby @mbaureloaded. I love you.”

In May, the couple’s relationship status was the subject of speculation after they deleted all posts of each other from their social media accounts. This came after Kudzai Mushonga was rumoured to be romantically involved with Vanja Vicentijevic.

The couple has been in the news before when Mushonga publicly expressed concern about Mbau’s whereabouts after she went missing in Dubai. It was later discovered that Mbau had returned to South Africa without informing Mushonga.

Continue Reading

ENTERTAINMENT

SABC cancels 7de Laan after 23 years

Published

on

7de Laan Soap

SABC 2 and Danie Odendaal Productions have announced that after 23 years on air, the popular soapie 7de Laan will come to an end at the conclusion of season 24. The last episode will air on December 26, 2023. The SABC did not provide a reason for the show’s cancellation but stated that it will not be recommissioned for another season after season 24 ends. 7de Laan has been a beloved show since its first broadcast on April 4, 2000.

The show has been a success, spawning roadshows and cookbooks, and creating household names out of numerous actors. Despite the cast and crew being saddened by the news, they expressed their gratitude for the opportunity to produce a show that has touched millions of South Africans. The SABC has been having financial difficulties and has been in negotiations with various production companies, including Danie Odendaal Productions, for several months.

Continue Reading

Trending