Connect with us

DIASPORA

Frank Buyanga Lamborghini Avedantor S owner

Published

on

Frank Buyanga

Frank Buyanga has emerged as the owner of the Lamborghini Avedantor S worth about R7.48m that landed in Harare a fortnight ago.

Last week H-Metro reported on the vehicle, whose owner was a mystery then that had been spotted in and around Harare’s northern suburbs including a popular shopping centre.

However, Frank Buyanga turned out to be the owner on Saturday afternoon as he returned from his South Africa base.

Frank Buyanga was spotted with the car at the arrivals section at the Robert Mugabe International Airport and moments later he walked into the Lamborghini Avedantor S and drove off.

Lamborghini Aventador S contains all the usual stuff about new four-wheel steering systems, a 130 per cent improvement of front axle downforce and a whole new control unit to marshall inputs from all the active systems, but none of it, no matter how high-tech, overshadows the drama.

This is how the Aventador S shapes up. It still uses the same central carbon tub with aluminium sub-frames fore and aft. It drives all four wheels through a central Haldex clutch.

The engine is the same 6.5-litre naturally aspirated V12, but the valve timing and variable intakes have been altered, yielding another 40bhp (and exactly 1lb ft more torque). The power gain is also aided by a raised rev limiter (from 8,350rpm to 8,500rpm).

Continue Reading
Advertisement
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

6 − four =

DIASPORA

Two arrested for fraud in connection with Alph Lukau’s coffin ‘resurrection’

Published

on

Pastor Alph Lukau

Two people have been arrested in connection with the hoax resurrection video flighted in February by pastor Alph Lukau’s Alleluia Ministries International.

National Prosecuting Authority (NPA) spokesperson Phindi Louw-Mjonondwane confirmed to TimesLIVE on Tuesday afternoon that two people were arrested on fraud charges in connection with the alleged resurrection.

“They are in custody. They will be appearing in the Johannesburg Magistrate’s Court (soon) to apply for bail,” she said.

Police spokesperson Capt Mavela Masondo said in March that SAPS was investigating three cases of fraud opened in connection with the “resurrection” incident.

“One case was opened by a funeral parlour based here in Gauteng, another case was opened by people who said they were concerned citizens, and a third one was opened by pastor Mboro [Paseka Motsoeneng],” said Masondo.

Pastor Mboro had staged a protest at Lukau’s offices for “bringing Christianity into disrepute” and opened a case at the Sandton police station.

Kings and Queen’s funeral parlour denied any knowledge of the deceased or selling the coffin to the church.

Brighton Moyo, the man falsely “brought back to life”, has meanwhile died of pneumonia in his home country of Zimbabwe, TimesLIVE reported this week. There he was known as Thabiso Mlanje, 28.

Initially dubbed “Elliot” by Alleluia Ministries, he had on a previous occasion been “healed” from being confined to a wheelchair, a colleague of his said.

Moyo, who according to his family had been in SA since 2011, had been employed by a customised door manufacturing company prior to going missing after the “resurrection” hoax.

The church had denied knowing in advance that it was a “fake miracle”.

“At no stage did pastor Alph Lukau claim that he resurrected the person shown in the video, who was identified to him as Elliot. From the video footage, it is clearly stated that when the mortuary vehicle arrived at the church premises, there was already movement in the coffin. Prior to even praying for Elliot, pastor Alph states that Elliot is in fact breathing,” said the church in a statement issued at the time the scandal first broke.TimesLive

Continue Reading

CRIME

Thokozani Shiri: The brutal and violent past of a Chelmsford prisoner

Published

on

Thokozani-Shiri-Zimbabwe

Thokozani Shiri, a 21-year-old Zimbabwean prisoner from Chelmsford who died in hospital had previously been jailed after stabbing a teenager, who had to have his gall bladder removed.

Shiri, previously of no fixed abode but living around Harlow, died in the early hours of Sunday morning in hospital.

The exact time and cause of death has not yet been confirmed by the Ministry of Justice.

An investigation has also been launched by the Prisons and Probation Ombudsman, which is commonplace when an inmate dies in custody.

Thokozani Shiri had been serving a prison sentence close to three years in length after he was jailed in March 2019.

He had pleaded guilty at Chelmsford Crown Court on February 27 to causing grievous bodily harm and possession of a bladed article.

The incident he was jailed for occurred on October 8 last year when Thokozani Shiri stabbed a 16-year-old boy once in the abdomen after a verbal altercation on a footpath on School Lane, in Harlow.

The altercation caused the victim to lose his gall bladder.

The two males, who were known to each other, had briefly argued at around 6.15pm before Shiri pulled out a combat knife and stabbed the teenager.

The victim was found by an off-duty nurse who performed first aid until paramedics arrived.

He was later taken by air ambulance to the Royal London Hospital.

Shortly after, 6.25pm, Shiri was then found in front of a house in Park Lane, having fought with another boy who was uninjured.

The 21-year-old was approached by two PCSOs, who instructed him to discard his knife.

As he was arrested he claimed his actions were in self-defence.

He received two years and ten months imprisonment for grievous bodily harm and a nine-month sentence for possession of a bladed article, to run concurrently.

Shiri, along with a second man, Wael Rzaigui, was also previously spared jail at Chelmsford Crown Court on Friday, March 16, 2018, after both men admitted their part in a fight that saw another man glassed and suffer life-changing injuries.

The pair had pleaded guilty to affray in relation to the incident that occurred in the early hours of Sunday, September 3, 2017.

The pair were part of a group attack outside Harlow’s Twenty One Bar, on Post Office Walk, and sprayed two male victims with an ‘unknown substance’ at the time.

Shiri squirted the liquid, claimed to be Ciroc vodka and fruit juice, into the victim’s faces.

Rzaigui, 20, of Parsonage Leys, could be seen waving a glass bottle before smashing it on the ground in CCTV footage played to the court.

The pair were both handed a community order and ordered to complete 240 hours of unpaid work by Judge Emma Peters QC.

Another man, Jordan Ogoazi, was jailed for his leading role in the attack.EssexLive

Continue Reading

DIASPORA

‘Resurrected’ Elliot’s death: The facts. Devastated grandmother gropes for closure

Published

on

Thabiso Proud Mlanje

While he got the world in hysteria and shock for the past weeks for being resurrected and dying again, all that Thabiso Proud Mlanje who is popularly known as “Elliot” or Brighton Moyo has left are deep wounds among his family back in Zimbabwe that they do not know when and how they will be healed.

Thabiso Proud Mlanje who was 28 years old at the time of his death shocked his family because soon after they buried him at his late father’s homestead in Dandanda Village in Lupane under Chief Mabhikwa they were summoned by the police who revealed to them that he was wanted for fraud in connection with his “resurrection” back in South Africa.

“We didn’t know that he had died and resurrected. Trouble started after the funeral because the police arraigned us and told us that he had been wanted for fraud,” said Thabiso’s father-in-law, Bernard Mayendayenda Sibanda.

A grief-stricken Bernard said his son-in-law had caused him so much trouble.

“I am still in great distress because of what my son-in-law did. I have had to deal with the police concerning his whole resurrection scheme and now since he is dead I have to answer questions I don’t know. It causes me pain because I didn’t know anything about what happened in South Africa. This man has put me and my family in so much trouble”.

Thabiso’s grandmother Emily Moyo said it hurt her to see her grandson arriving home in a coffin after spending seven years without communicating with her.

“I raised my grandson single-handedly because both his parents died in Harare when he was young. I only managed to send him to Gegeme Primary School but he could not go further with his studies because of financial constraints. That is how he decided to go to South Africa to make a living. Now what pains me is that it’s been seven years since he went to South Africa and he had never set foot home or contacted me in those seven years. I only got to see him as a corpse. We buried him right next to his grandfather because when he was sick he kept telling his in-laws that he wants to lie next to his grandfather.

“At the time of his death he was constantly vomiting blood, it was such a painful death. I wish someone could properly explain to me what was happening in South Africa because I hear he was once dead for three days and was resurrected by a pastor,” said Moyo.

It is reported that all this drama is believed to have started sometime in February when Thabiso Mlanje fell ill. Even after he was resurrected he did not properly recover. To make things worse soon after the resurrection miracle Thabiso and Pastor Alph Lukau had a fraud case CR 506/ 02 /19 opened at Jeppes police station in South Africa. The two were jointly accused of performing a fake miracle.

Thabiso Proud Mlanje was scared of the police case so whenever his wife Simelweyinkosi Sibanda took him to the hospital he would sneak out.

But his health kept on deteriorating so Simelweyinkosi then decided to bring him back home in Zimbabwe on 8 March.

The couple stayed at Bernard’s homestead in Village 2 Insuza under Chief Mtshane.

As each day passed Thabiso’s health kept on worsening so the family took him to the Mbembesi Clinic in Insuza on 23 March.

The late Thabiso Proud Mlanje, aka Elliot Moyo’ s grandmother Emily Moyo, says she is devastated by the death of her grandson whom she saw arriving home in a coffin after seven years without a word from him.

“I raised my grandson single-handedly after his parents both died in Harare when he was still young. I only managed to send him to school up to Grade Seven at Gegeme Primary School. He couldn’t go further with his studies because of financial constraints. That is when he decided to go to South Africa to make a living,” said Moyo.

She said what pained her most was that for the past seven years, Thabiso has been in South Africa he never communicated with her.

“What greatly pains me is that it’s been seven years since he went to South Africa and he never returned home or contacted me in those seven years.

“I only got to see him as a corpse. We buried him right next to his grandfather because when he was sick he kept telling his in-laws that he wants to lie next to his grandfather,” she said with tears down her cheeks.

She added: “At the time of his death I was told he was constantly vomiting blood; it was such a painful death. I wish someone could properly explain to me what was happening in South Africa because I heard he was once died and was resurrected by a pastor.”

Villagers in Dandanda also expressed shock on how Thabiso’s dead body arrived in the village.

“We were so shocked to see a speeding car with a coffin in broad daylight when the sun was so hot. In our village, it’s not allowed to transport a dead body in the afternoon.

“So we were just perplexed and wondered what could these people be hiding,” said a granny who identified herself as MaNdlovu.

A number of villagers said they were also unaware that Thabiso became an overnight “celebrity” after the “resurrection” stunt.

“It was shocking when we heard during his funeral wake that Thabiso Proud Mlanje once died and resurrected in South Africa and that the world knew about it except for us. I guess we never heard of the resurrection due to the fact that network is poor this side so we rarely communicate.

“The other thing that also shocked us that the car carrying the coffin had only three people inside and it was speeding as if they didn’t want fellow villagers to find out more about the dead person,” said one villager who spoke on condition of anonymity.B-Metro

Continue Reading

Trending