Connect with us


Tinopona Katsande in dead body horror



Tinopona Katsande

Tinopona “Tin Tin” Katsande stands accused of ferrying her close friend’s corpse to her relatives without informing the police.

The incident occurred on Tuesday in Belvedere where Katsande allegedly hired a taxi to ferry the 45-year-old Rebecca Chinyerere’s body after she collapsed in a bathing room at the actress’ apartment.Tinopona could not be reached for comment since the day of the incident as her mobile phone was unreachable.

The case has been reported at Avondale Police Station under RRB number 4381451. Rebecca will be buried tomorrow in Guruve. She is survived by two sons. Family spokesperson Ishmael Chinyerere, the uncle to the deceased, expressed dismay over Katsande’s decision to hire a taxi without informing police and relatives.

“We know that death is there but the way Katsande failed to respect it left us with more questions than answers,” Ishmael told H-Metro.
It is alleged that Katsande came to the late Rebecca’s house on Monday to pick her up. However, brother to the late had ordered Rebecca not to leave the house since she was on medication.

It is further alleged that Rebecca insisted that she would return the following morning since she was going with her two sons.
On Tuesday evening, Tino is said to have brought home Rebecca’s body in a car with her two sons in the same car.

“After she saw that her (Tino) friend had collapsed while naked, she went on to clothe her,” Ishmael further explained.

“If we had known the cause we would say okay.

“She came and picked up my daughter only for her to come later with her dead body.

“Handizive kuti pane chakaitika here ikoko, munozivawo kufunga kwedu kwechivanhu munhu waabva naye achitamba nevana vake, kwozouya chonzi chava chitunha.

“Munongofungira kuti pane zvakaitika kunyangwe musina proof yacho munongofunhawo kuti asi ndizvo zvaangamutakurira.

“If she was a normal person, when she saw that her friend had collapsed she should have called the brother to inform him.

“From the night she came with the body, we thought that she was going to come just to show remorse but we haven’t seen her,” he said.

When H-Metro visited Chinyerere’s residence yesterday, Rebecca’s brother had gone out.

However, it is alleged that when Tino brought the body to Chinyerere’s house, the brother asked her to return later with explanations for the police.

“My son told me that when the friend came to the house that night he told her to return because we understand when one is dead a police report must be made,” said Chinyerere.

A source close to the family said there is suspected case of a cocaine overdose.

The source said the late Rebecca was supposed to undergo for a rehabilitation centre over the issue.

“Rebecca was a drug addict but she had since stopped up until recently when she returned from Chakari where she was staying.

“When she came back here, Tino came to pick her up and she spent a week with her only to return not feeling well.

“Tino also dumped her again here.

“From the hospital records, it is noted that she had used cocaine so she was set to start her rehab soon that is when Tino came to pick her up again.

“Before she came, Rebecca had received about US$80 from a friend who is in Europe,” said the source. H-Metro

Continue Reading
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

three × three =


Zimbabwe agrees to pay $3.5 billion compensation to white farmers



Zimbabwe White Farmers

Zimbabwe agreed on Wednesday to pay $3.5 billion in compensation to Zimbabwe white farmers whose land was expropriated by the government to resettle black families, moving a step closer to resolving one the most divisive policies of the Robert Mugabe era.

But the southern African nation does not have the money and will issue long term bonds and jointly approach international donors with the farmers to raise funding, according to the compensation agreement.

Two decades ago Mugabe’s government carried out at times violent evictions of 4,500 Zimbabwe white farmers and redistributed the land to around 300,000 Black families, arguing it was redressing colonial land imbalances.

The agreement signed at President Emmerson Mnangagwa’s State House offices in Harare showed white farmers would be compensated for infrastructure on the farms and not the land itself, as per the national constitution.

Details of how much money each farmer, or their descendants, given the time elapsed since the farms were seized, was likely to get were not yet clear, but the government has said it would prioritise the elderly when making the settlements.

Farmers would receive 50% of the compensation after a year and the balance within five years. Finance Minister Mthuli Ncube and acting Agriculture Minister Oppah Muchinguri-Kashiri signed on behalf of the government, while farmers unions and a foreign consortium that undertook valuations also penned the agreement.

“As Zimbabweans, we have chosen to resolve this long-outstanding issue,” said Andrew Pascoe, head of the Commercial Farmers Union representing  Zimbabwe white farmers.

The land seizures were one of Mugabe’s signature policies that soured ties with the West. Mugabe, who was ousted in a coup in 2017 and died last year, accused the West of imposing sanctions on his government as punishment.

The programme still divides public opinion in Zimbabwe as opponents see it as a partisan process that left the country struggling to feed itself. But its supporters say it has empowered landless Black people. Mnangagwa said the land reform could not be reversed but paying of compensation was key to mending ties with the West. Reuters

Continue Reading


Chinamasa calls U.S. ambassador ‘thug’ as anti-government protests loom




Zimbabwe’s ruling ZANU-PF party on Monday called the United States ambassador a “thug” and accused him of funding the opposition ahead of this week’s planned anti-government protests that authorities say are meant to overthrow the government.

Without providing evidence, ZANU-PF spokesman Patrick Chinamasa told reporters that U.S. ambassador to Harare, Brian Nichols, was involved in subversive activities to topple President Emmerson Mnangagwa’s government.

Chinamasa’s comments echo the Robert Mugabe era, where the ZANU-PF government regularly accused the United States and Britain of seeking to dislodge it from power.

“He (Nichols) continues to engage in acts of undermining this republic and if he does so, if he continues engaging in acts of mobilising and funding disturbances, coordinating violence and training insurgents, our leadership will not hesitate to give him marching orders,” Chinamasa said.
“Diplomats should not behave like thugs, and Brian Nichols is a thug.”

The U.S. embassy in Harare did not immediately respond to Chinamasa’s comments. Political tensions are rising fast in the southern African nation after activists called for demonstrations on July 31 against government corruption, which they blame for deepening the worst economic crisis in more than a decade.

Last month, the government summoned Nichols after a senior White House official said Zimbabwe was among “foreign adversaries” using the civil unrest in the United States following the death of George Floyd to interfere in U.S. affairs.

The U.S., Britain, E.U. embassies and the United Nations have all criticised Zimbabwe for the arrest of journalists and political challengers.
Relations between Zimbabwe and the West were promising when Mnangagwa replaced Mugabe after a coup in 2017, but have soured over the government’s human rights record.

Patrick Chinamasa urged party supporters to defend themselves from protesters and avoid a repeat of the deadly violence that followed post-election demonstrations in August 2018 and the January 2019 protests over a steep fuel price hike.“No, this time no. Use any means at your disposal to defend yourselves,” Chinamasa said. Organisers say this week’s protests will be peaceful. Reuters

Continue Reading


Perence Shiri, Zimbabwe Agriculture Minister Dies




Zimbabwe’s agriculture minister Perence Shiri, a retired general who helped plot the ouster of Robert Mugabe in a 2017 coup, has died, President Emmerson Mnangagwa said on Wednesday.

Perence Shiri, who commanded the air force for 25 years until he joined the government in 2017, was admitted to hospital on Tuesday, two government sources said. He died in the early hours of Wednesday.

“Shiri was a true patriot, who devoted his life to the liberation, independence and service of his country,” Mnangagwa said in a statement. He did not say how Shiri died.

But domestic media said Shiri, 65, succumbed to complications from the respiratory disease caused by the coronavirus, which has infected 2,817 and killed 40 in Zimbabwe.

A liberation war veteran,Perrence Shiri had a chequered past. He commanded the army’s Fifth Brigade unit that carried out the 1980s massacres of thousands of civilians in western Zimbabwe as the government sought to quell an insurgency.

The army massacres, known as ‘Gukurahundi’, a Shona term meaning the ‘early rain that washes away the chaff’, remain a sore point for the people of the Matabeleland region, many of whom demand justice and reparations.

The main opposition Movement for Democratic Change accused Perence Shiri of being among the security chiefs who organised violence against its members after Mugabe lost the first round of the presidential vote in 2008.Reuters

Continue Reading